京歌《梨花颂》Ode to Pear Blossom

posted Dec 5, 2017, 5:50 AM by Louisa H   [ updated Dec 5, 2017, 8:59 AM ]

Beijing Opera Style Duet   

翻译整理  梓菁



() 梨花开,春带雨

Soprano Raindrops on a pear blossom reminds him of her tears.

梨花落,春入泥
When the petal falls, the beauty’s life is gone.

此生只为一人去
To live or to die, there is only one reason

道他君王情也痴 情也痴

The emperor’s love for the beauty is eternal
天生丽质难自弃

She was born a rare beauty

天生丽质难自弃

She was determined to be his love

长恨一曲千古迷

The sad ending of their love story remains a riddle for centuries.

长恨一曲千古思

The tragedy love story makes people lost in thought forever.


() 只为你霓裳羽衣窈窕影

Tenor I fall in love with you at the sight of your feather-gown dance

只为你彩衣织就的红罗裙
I fall in love with you at the sight of your colorful silk skirt

只为你轻舞飞扬飘天际

I fall in love with you for your tenderness and elegancy
我这里款款一曲诉深情

I could not help play my flute to resonate with your movement


(女)切莫道佳期如梦难觅寻

Soprano Don’t worry, we will see each other again in our dreams
我分明见你飘飘欲仙展彩屏

In my dream you are still the dancing fairy

切莫道云海迢迢星河远

Don’t worry about the long journey between life and death
我盼相逢 金风玉露绕祥云

I hope that someday, lucky clouds will bring us together again.


() 啊... 我那天长地久的至爱

TenorCome back, my eternal love
我那无法倾诉的知音
My silent soulmate
我那天长地久的至爱
Come back, my eternal love
我那无法倾诉的恋人

I wish we could talk to each other again.


()我那天长地久的至爱

SopranoCome back, my eternal love
我那无法倾诉的知音
My silent soulmate

(合)我那天长地久的至爱
DuetCome back, my eternal love
我那无法倾诉的恋人

I wish we could talk to each other again.



Comments